OH😯😯 EVEN FROM THE KITCHEN : book on How A Housewife Can Build A Thriving Business From Her Kitchen Or Home

 


Sometime in January 2021, my husband made a post on Instagram using carousels. He was promoting his Earn $3 Everyday Challenge, a 7-day training he had floated to show people how they could earn $3 everyday.

He wrote from his heart and knowing how he pushes people to be their best, I saw a few responses that weren’t tasteful, but exposed the ridicule and notions people have about full-time housewives or stay-at-home mums. His intent wasn’t to ridicule.

I’ve been a full time housewife for ten years. My husband has never for once ridiculed me for once, even while providing the means for the family’s survival. He pushes me and at times, I feel like scratching his eyes out because of how he annoyingly does it. Many times I feel like he’s comparing me with the many successful women he meets while conducting his own business as a consultant. But then, I know he wants my very best.

I’ve never been known to be lazy of slothful. It hurts to see many housewives defined as penniless and unable to cater for themselves or their families.

As a woman, do you accept to remain dependent on your husband for money or do you want to become financially independent, build a business from home and change the narrative?

If you’re in the latter category, this book that shares a bit of my story and provides somewhat of a manual, is what you need to shatter the ceramic walls of that stupid narrative.

As youngsters, my mum used to make pap at home. She also sold them in her shop. She’d tie them in transparent nylon sheets and displayed them for buyers to buy. I was already used to the process of making pap.

During the lockdown in March 2020, as I sat with my hubby in the sitting room, I was lost in thoughts. I began asking myself a series of questions about pap. During the lockdown, most businesses had been hit so hard that they shut down. Mine was affected. Well, I’d earlier gotten involved in making dresses for women. Before my husband resigned from paid employment, he had asked me to tell him what he could do to support me as he’d love to focus and grow his own business. As at 2016, I wanted to learn sewing. He bought me machines, and paid for me to enroll into a sewing school. Sadly, bearing children and the fact that my feet hurt so much after pedaling the machine, the business wasn’t doing well as expected. With the coming of the Corona virus, it was evident that I had to changed course.

So, there I was in the sitting room that fateful morning and one question that kept coming up was “How can you make pap different and in a way that people can love it more?”

That was how EVON FOODS was born.

By evening of the next day, the corn I’d soaked had been ground and sieved. My first recipe was tigernut-infused pap. With a fearful heart I took it to church to tell everyone about it. To my utter amazement, people in my church choir bought them. I was excited. By the next day, I’d produced more and sales started trickling in. Then I began to talk about it on my Facebook timeline and on my WhatsApp status. People began to ask me about the product and also began to place orders.

Today, I have more varieties. As at the time of writing this book I have the following..

Coconut pap

Nutty pap

Tigernut pap

Garlic pap

Coconutty pap

Date pap

This book details my journey so far how I have been building my business from my kitchen, using my smartphone and working so hard to get it to become a conglomerate. It has 6 chapters.


Chapter 1 : Of Shattered Dreams

Chapter 2 : The Babies That Left & The Babies That Stayed

Chapter 3 : My Husband Became What He Wasn’t At The Beginning

Chapter 4 : Your Future Sometime Lies In Your Past

Chapter 5 : Building The Business From Home Or Kitchen

Chapter 6 : Support System 

I wrote this book from my heart, simply to share my ongoing journey. I am not yet where I want to be, but I think that at whatever level I am and I attain, there’s something I can share with the world.

I hope you enjoy reading it.

amount ➡️$ 3.49

the book link ➡️ https://selar.co/i348m9?affiliate=3ezy



Comments